1. No matter how many teaspoons and dishcloths you buy, you will never be able to find more than two at any given time.
2. Can openers, vegetable peelers, cheesegraters, vases and all baking equipment do not simply appear in the kitchen cupboard. You actually have to buy them. You will not realise this until the first time you need it.
3. You can vacuum all you like, the dust keeps coming back.
4. Hangovers are not as much fun as Hollywood makes them look. Especially when you have a client meeting first thing in the morning.
5. Turns out, parents are actually pretty cool people to hang out with.
6. The kids in your Matric class that you literally never spoke a word to in the five years of high school? Some of them will become your friends.
7. But most of your Matric friends, you’ll never speak to again. Aside from occasionally liking a Facebook post.
8. When other people start getting married and you’re still single, that kind of sucks a bit.
9. Remember when you were like oh, I don’t want to be a doctor because you have to study for like SEVEN YEARS! Remember that? Yeah. I could have been a doctor by now.
10. Just because adults have income tax numbers and medical aid cards with their own name on it, doesn’t mean they don’t watch the Hannah Montana movie when they’re alone.